SEC Basketball Power Rankings: Gators make their move
Blake Lovell • 11/29/2021 in Basketball
Here are our current SEC basketball power rankings.
1. Florida (6-0): The Gators have quality wins over Florida State and Ohio State, and five of their six victories have come by 13 or more points.
2. Kentucky (5-1): John Calipari's team has won five straight after losing to Duke, who's the new No. 1 team in the country.
3. Alabama (6-1): Losing to Iona was a head-scratcher, though the Tide proved its offensive potential by hitting 16 3-pointers in a 32-point win against Miami.
4. Auburn (5-1): The Tigers lost a double-overtime thriller to UConn but bounced back with victories over Loyola Chicago and Syracuse.
5. LSU (7-0): With an unbeaten record and three straight wins over top 100 KenPom teams, Darius Days and company are an early surprise this season.
6. Tennessee (4-1): The Vols were very impressive in a 17-point win over North Carolina.
7. Arkansas (6-0): Despite some inconsistency in the first few games, the Razorbacks are still undefeated.
8. Mississippi State (5-1): The Bulldogs are coming off of a nice overtime win against Richmond.
9. Texas A&M (6-1): Buzz Williams has his team playing well, with consecutive wins over Butler and Notre Dame.
10. Vanderbilt (4-1): The Commodores rebounded from its 37-point output against VCU with victories against Winthrop and Pitt.
11. Ole Miss (4-2): The Rebels need more consistency on offense to move up the SEC ladder.
12. South Carolina (5-1): Frank Martin's squad has three intriguing wins over Western Kentucky, UAB, and Wofford.
13. Missouri (3-3): The Tigers failed to hit the 60-point mark in back-to-back losses to Florida State and Wichita State.
14. Georgia (2-5): It's been a struggle for the Bulldogs, who haven't exactly had an easy non-conference schedule.