SEC Basketball Power Rankings: Auburn makes its move
Blake Lovell • 1/3/2022 in Basketball
Here are our updated SEC basketball power rankings.
1. Auburn (12-1, 1-0): The Tigers handed LSU its first loss of the season in the SEC opener for both teams.
2. LSU (12-1, 0-1): Two huge opportunities await with back-to-back games against Kentucky and Tennessee in Baton Rouge.
3. Kentucky (11-2, 1-0): The Wildcats defeated Missouri by 26, but the trip to LSU will present a much bigger challenge.
4. Alabama (10-3, 1-0): Nate Oats' squad rallied for a victory against Tennessee, and now it's onto Gainesville for a matchup with Florida.
5. Tennessee (9-3, 0-1): The Vols played well in Tuscaloosa even without Kennedy Chandler and John Fulkerson.
6. Florida (9-3): The Gators will look to start SEC play with a win against Alabama.
7. Mississippi State (10-3, 1-0): After a win over Arkansas, the Bulldogs' schedule sets up nicely with winnable games against Missouri, Ole Miss, and Georgia.
8. Arkansas (10-3, 0-1): The Razorbacks, playing without JD Notae, turned it over 17 times in the loss at Mississippi State.
9. Texas A&M (11-2): The Aggies will open up league play with a favorable matchup at Georgia.
10. South Carolina (9-3): Frank Martin's team gets the SEC's best on Tuesday with Auburn headed to Columbia.
11. Vanderbilt (8-4): The Commodores could make a move up the standings with a win at Arkansas.
12. Ole Miss (8-4): The Rebels will likely need to find more consistent offense to win their SEC opener at Tennessee.
13. Missouri (6-6, 0-1): After losing at Kentucky, the Tigers get three of their next four league games in Columbia.
14. Georgia (5-8): The Bulldogs enter the conference slate having lost back-to-back home games to East Tennessee State and Gardner-Webb.