SEC Basketball Power Rankings: Alabama picks up another big win
Blake Lovell • 12/13/2021 in Basketball
Here are our updated SEC basketball power rankings.
1. Alabama (8-1): The Tide has back-to-back quality wins against Gonzaga and Houston, and travels to play a struggling Memphis squad next.
2. Auburn (8-1): The Tigers look like the real deal, and what's even more impressive is they're doing it without Allen Flanigan.
3. LSU (9-0): With a 16-point victory against Georgia Tech, the Tigers have won all but one game by 15 or more points this season.
4. Tennessee (7-2): The Vols rebounded from the ugly Texas Tech loss with a 40-point victory against UNC Greensboro.
5. Kentucky (7-2): It was a disappointing loss for the Wildcats at Notre Dame. Ohio State will likely present an even bigger challenge.
6. Florida (7-3): The Gators have lost three of four after the 6-0 start.
7. Arkansas (9-1): The Razorbacks are coming off a 22-point loss to Oklahoma, which was their toughest opponent thus far this season.
8. Mississippi State (6-3): Ben Howland's team will try to get back on track after consecutive losses to Minnesota and Colorado State.
9. Texas A&M (7-2): The Aggies had 18 turnovers in a four-point loss to TCU.
10. Ole Miss (6-2): After a win over Memphis, the Rebels followed it up with a 23-point loss to Western Kentucky.
11. South Carolina (7-2): The Gamecocks notched their biggest win of the season with a comeback victory against Florida State.
12. Vanderbilt (5-2): The Commodores have lost three straight after a 5-1 start, with Scotty Pippen the only player in double figures in an 11-point loss to Loyola Chicago.
13. Georgia (4-5): With two straight wins, the Bulldogs are officially streaking ahead of a home tilt with George Mason.
14. Missouri (5-5): The Tigers lost by 37 against Kansas, and they rank 353rd nationally in 3-point shooting at 24.7 percent.