SEC Basketball Power Rankings: LSU earns the top spot
Blake Lovell • 12/20/2021 in Basketball
Here are our updated SEC basketball power rankings.
1. LSU (11-0): The Tigers rank as college basketball's best in KenPom's adjusted defensive efficiency ratings.
2. Auburn (10-1): Bruce Pearl's squad picked up a quality road win at Saint Louis, with an intriguing matchup against Murray State up next.
3. Alabama (9-2): The Crimson Tide struggled at Memphis, but a win against Davidson would be a nice early Christmas gift.
4. Tennessee (8-2): While the Vols' matchup with Memphis was canceled, Rick Barnes' squad has another huge opportunity against undefeated Arizona.
5. Kentucky (8-2): The Wildcats rebounded from their Notre Dame loss by walloping North Carolina, the replacement opponent for Ohio State, by 29 in Las Vegas.
6. Florida (8-3): The Gators seem to still be trying to regain their early-season form having lost three of five.
7. Arkansas (9-2): An eight-point home loss to Hofstra wasn't exactly ideal for the Razorbacks, who have now lost two straight.
8. Mississippi State (8-3): The Bulldogs have scored back-to-back wins over quality mid-major competition in Georgia State and Furman.
9. Texas A&M (8-2): The Aggies rank No. 17 nationally in 3-point shooting at 39.0 percent, and that's been a key to their early success.
10. Ole Miss (8-3): After the stunning blowout loss to Western Kentucky, the Rebels have bounced back with consecutive victories.
11. South Carolina (8-3): It's hard to put much stock into the Gamecocks' 14-point loss at Clemson due to the missing pieces in the rotation.
12. Vanderbilt (6-4): The Commodores are set for the Diamond Head Classic in Hawaii, where they'll open play against the Rainbow Warriors.
13. Missouri (6-5): The Tigers finally found some offense in a surprising 83-75 win against Utah.
14. Georgia (4-6): It was another inconsistent performance for the Bulldogs in a 13-point loss to George Mason.