SEC Basketball Power Rankings: LSU, Auburn hold top two spots
Blake Lovell • 12/27/2021 in Basketball
Here are our updated SEC basketball power rankings.
1. LSU (12-0): The Tigers' first seven SEC games all come against potential NCAA tournament teams.
2. Auburn (11-1): With Allen Flanagan back, Bruce Pearl's team should be ready for its SEC opener against LSU.
3. Tennessee (9-2): The Vols picked up a huge win against Arizona, and they'll kick off conference play against defending champion Alabama.
4. Kentucky (9-2): John Calipari's squad should be a huge favorite against Missouri.
5. Alabama (9-3): The Tide has lost two of three entering its SEC tilt against Tennessee.
6. Florida (9-3): The Gators need to win their opener at Ole Miss considering Alabama, Auburn, and LSU are up next after that.
7. Arkansas (10-2): On paper, the Razorbacks might have the most managable first-half league schedule than any team in the SEC.
8. Mississippi State (9-3): The Bulldogs will look to start conference play with a win against Arkansas.
9. Texas A&M (9-2): The Aggies have two more non-conference games before a road trip to Georgia.
10. South Carolina (9-3): Frank Martin has another solid defensive team in Columbia.
11. Vanderbilt (8-4): The Commodores scored their best win of the season against BYU in Hawaii.
12. Ole Miss (8-4): A loss to Samford in Oxford wasn't ideal ahead of the conference opener against Florida.
13. Missouri (6-6): The Tigers are now ranked 355th nationally in 3-point shooting at 24.3 percent.
14. Georgia (5-7): The Bulldogs square off with Gardner Webb before a matchup with Texas A&M in Athens.